How do I adjust the linkage to the carburetor?

Hey Meli...
    I took apart the rod that goes from the governor to the throttle on the carburetor and now I don't know how to adjust the length of it.

Pay Attention!!!
Hi ya,
    The correct way to adjust the rod that connects the governor to the throttle disk is described in the Service Manual (SM-2004) as follows: "To adjust rod length, disconnect rod from governor lever arm and loosen jam nut. Move speed control lever to the wide open position. Set throttle disk in wide open position. Lengthen or shorten rod end until the rod is 1/2 hole short. Place into position and lock jam nut."
    I hope this helps.

The throttle linkage
Pay Attention!!!

Go back to the page you just came from......